When I love anything, or anybody for that matter, I give the maximum latitude to that being or thing when they start to let me down 🙁 The same is happening to me with respect to one of my most loved “pocket friendly,” brand, Essence Cosmetics, which I have introduced to trillions of people, way before I became a Blogger! Well trillions is ……poetic license, shall we say ?;) But, on a serious note, I have been hit by disappointments one after the other, by Essence Products to the extent that I have stopped buying them for a bit. But of course I have to review my hauled items!
I was so excited when I bought this Cream to Powder formulation from Essence Cosmetics, as I had read mouth drooling things about it on the FB page of Beauty Bar.pk. I put up a Haul Post related to this exactly 12 weeks from today! Yes, I have given this 12 weeks of testing and trying before putting forth my verdict on this much talked about Highlighter! It is over hyped, I have to say, and does not at all live up to the features proclaimed! Discussing the claims first, as the name suggests, it is supposed to give a brilliant, yet natural highlight, owing to its miracle Cream to Powder Formulation! For those of you unaware, cream to powder products are supposed to look very natural, as they absorb into the skin rather than sit on it! Yes, this does absorb, but a tad too much I would say!
If you look at the swatch you can see that besides being sheer, it is pretty patchy and streaky, not something one would desire in a highlighter! Let me show you a picture of myself wearing it, where I have tried my best to get the most pay off from this stuff.
This is a picture with No Filters at all, and even the very soft makeup on my eye is visible, but the Essence Soo Glow, that I warmed between my fingers and patted into my skin, in 2-3 layers can hardly be seen! Yes, this would work as a great Base for a Powder Highlighter to dazzle on, but then it should be sold as that!
Summing it up briefly:
- the highlighter does has a cream to powder formulation.
- it is very sheer ans patchy when applied
- it works best if warmed up between fingers and then patted into the skin, but then too, the result is just okay!
- it has a performance level suited to that of a base over which a powder highlighter would shine and stay all day, but nothing more than that.
- if you are looking for a very soft highlighter, or a base, as I mentioned above, at PKR 525/- this could be your pick,
- the packaging is cute, and very travel friendly.
- I would not say the product is bad, but I find the name & its claims very misleading, not that it will sit and rot in my drawers.
- however, if you are on the look out for a great highlighter, this is definitely not the one!!!
If any of you have tried this, and had a different experience please do share, as then probably this could be a faulty piece! I would love to hear from you guys. Any good vampy Lipsticks that anyone could suggest to me? Something similar to Sepia of ABH??? Till next time, see you soon & take great care of your selves!