Hello My Fair ladies!
What’s cooking? Lahorites are themselves getting cooked, thanks to the relentless summer this year, but I am asking otherwise? Yes I have another Review for you. The last one due, in fact, before we return to new Fall Hauls, looks, Reviews & all that jazz…. This review did take a little back seat owing to the absence of any real “Color Cosmetics,” in the haul! That is a bit unfair, I must admit, because non-color cosmetics are equally, sometimes more important, than the ones visible to our eyes!
Let me take you down the memory lane and show you what I shall be reviewing, and then I will discuss each product in detail, as per my style.
Straight into it now:
RIVAJ UK PERFECT COVERAGE MINERAL FOUNDATION in LIGHT BEIGE:
- the packaging of the product is an almost opaque glass bottle with a black “press down” lid. But yes, it comes with a pump dispenser, which I was not expecting for a foundation priced at PKR 400/- only!
- its consistency is rather thick, and is a full coverage foundation. A little goes a long way
- the best thing I like about it, is the Yellow-Based tone of the foundation, that makes it cover all uneven patches very effectively.
- In Pakistan there are only 4 shades of the foundation available, each very close to the other.
- it dries super fast, but chose a wrong shade, or put on a tad too much, and one stands a chance of looking chalky.
- it has an SPF 8, so it could give a “flashback” in photography.
- Overall it is great value for its money.
- the pump tends to fail you at times, so that is a hit & miss, and a definite thing that the company needs to work on.
- The Plastic Lid is too delicate as opposed to the bulky bottle, and mine cracked during 2nd usage! So, packaging takes away the points!
- It is not a travel friendly- packaged product!
- the choice of shades is limited!
MY SCORE: 3/5 a great foundation in terms of product quality, being beaten only at packaging and color range!
RIVAJ UK PHOTOREADY PERFECT COVERAGE MINERAL POWDER:
- as is visible in the swatch, the powder is highly pigmented, therefore gives great coverage, at only PKR 390!
- it comes in a clickable off-white compact with a mirror, though the Golden Font on top, somehow makes the otherwise Sleek Compact, look not very Sophisticated.
- It is travel friendly
- due to high pigmentation, proper color choice is necessary!
- not so appealing to the eye in terms of packaging!
- it needs to be used with care, as being too pigmented, it is very easily over applied, completely chokes pores & then gets difficult to get rid of!
- on dry skin/or excessively oily skin it can be very patchy & streaky, in terms of application, so one needs to customize the way to work with this powder.
MY SCORE: 3.75/5 A Good Buy that will go a long way.
RIVAJ UK MINERAL TERRACOTTA EYESHADOW & BLUSH POWDER:
- this is one product in my haul, that is really pleasing to all the senses! It has a pretty Plastic Pan, with a Concave, See-Through Lid, and Silver Embossed Writing on it. All for PKR 360/-
- as is obvious in the swatch, the baked blush/eyeshadow is highly pigmented, and has a pretty mix of pink-coral shimmer to it. I prefer using it over my bronzer, with a very light hand, for a little sheen, when going for an extra bronzed look.
- the color is build-able & easy to control & blend.
- the lid does not have a firm grasp and it is a risk to carry the product along
- the top cover gets detached easily. (PACKAGING!)
MY SCORE: 4/5 A great product, definitely worth its value!
RIVAJ UK LIPLINER PENCILS:
- can you believe buying a pencil that is creamy enough to be worn on its own, or with a balm, for those who have chapped lips, at PKR 45/- only? I could not believe it either, but Rivaj has them in loads of shades. I have swatched the three pencils I got, as they are the most “universal” colors of all.
- glide on easily & are highly pigmented.
- create very crisp lines
- simple black pencils with black lids & color swatches at the bottom of the pencils. But what else could you ask for in that price, with the given qualities?
MY SCORE: 5/5 a must buy!
RIVAJ UKWHITENING & VANISHING SUNBLOCK (SPF 60+):
- this sunblock definitely has a SPF 60+ and is priced only at PKR 260/- I say so because I have been applying it to all exposed parts of my body, and have been out in the sweltering sun, with no skin damage or darkening at all!
- it comes in a colorful squeezable tube, easy to throw in a bag while traveling.
- perfect for use on body.
- the only negative point, about this Sunblock is, that it is not at all wearable on the face unless diluted in a moisturizer, bb cream or foundation, and then too one cannot exceed a half-pea sized drop!
- on its own, it is extremely smothering, & blocks the skin to the extent of giving breakouts.
MY SCORE: 3/5 as it is almost futile for the face!
GRAND AVERAGE: 3.75/5
My Verdict: A definite “buy” for those looking for “extremely affordable” , yet quality products.
Disclaimer: These views are purely mine, and are being provided in all honesty, keeping in mind the “Price Quotient”, which has been the primary factor against the review of these products. Had the Price been Higher or lower, the ranking would be very different!
I hope you found this review helpful. Please comment, if you want me to try their, nail colors, lip colors, glosses, eye shadows and other “Color Cosmetics” so to say. Stay happy, Stay Blessed!